That's right dude! 16K!
|Don't look in her eyes|
If you're not shocked by this, you either have too much money or you've been had by whatever dark female force is at work here. Perhaps some evil female overlord is compelling all the women of the world to collect as many diamonds as possible as she needs them to power her world domination machine.
Maybe we just discovered what Oprah is really up to! Think about it, the name itself doesn't even sound human........ OPRAH. Definitely a name suitable for a dark overlord!
You've been warned.
And worse still, is the fact that dudes actually go in debt to aquire this miracle of modern technology!
I submit that LOVE should be enough!
Let's look at some of the things you could do with that 16 large, shall we:
- Start your own business
- Pay for a nice honeymoon & yearly vacations for the next 10 years
- Hire someone to clear your snow for about 30 years
- Feed 16,000 starving children for a day
- Hire me... to do... pretty much... ANYTHING!
- Pay OFF debt instead of going INTO debt
- Taking compound interest into account, $16,000 invested at 5.0% annually for 30 years yields:
These are just a few examples of the the things that can be done to better the world instead of buying a piece of steel and a rock. That's right, a ROCK! A diamond is a rock. It came out of the ground. Who decided these rocks should be expensive anyway?
In the new world, the standard outlay for an engagement ring will be set at $100.00.
AND SO IT SHALL BE WRITTEN!