Here’s the facts:
- The parents of puppy mill dogs are abused their entire lives until they are no longer productive and ultimately destroyed
- They suffer a variety of horrific health issues such as bleeding or swollen paws, feet falling through the wire cages, severe tooth decay, ear infections, dehydration, and lesions on their eyes, which often lead to blindness.
- Almost all pet store animals come from puppy mills. At time of purchase, consumers are given incorrect lineage about the dog’s health, breed, and breeder.
- Buying a dog on line could very likely be supporting a puppy mill
- Every year, retail pet stores across America sell 500,000 dogs, while 5 to 7 million dogs enter shelters
Perhaps we should start from scratch. Kill every dog in the world except for 2. One Yorkie, and one Pit bull. Light some candles, put on some Barry White, give them a little time alone and the result will be the dog of the New World. I admit I didn’t put a lot of thought into that so I’ll put it up to a vote before I send out the dog killers.
In the new world, there will be no puppy mills.